CAW consists of three divisions: Parts Sales, Electrical Construction and Service.
- Parts Sales: Featuring one of the area’s largest stock of new and rebuilt motors, gear motors, pulleys, couplings, chain sprockets, bearings, pillow blocks and much more, CAW is also a stocking distributer for electrical motors up to 250 HP, controls, transformers, ball & roller bearings, power transmission equipment and electrical equipment. We specialize in hard to find older parts and motors, and are well equipped to work with our customers to obtain items we do not carry.
- Electrical Construction: We provide heavy electrical construction for our industrial and commercial customers, including local, state and federal governments. Set as a subcontract division with an in-house estimating department, CAW has teamed up with large and small local general contractors to provide electrical work on many of the areas Metro stations, road and bridge projects (such as the old Woodrow Wilson Bridge) as well as some of the National Capital monuments. We have a fleet of vehicles and tools to handle most large bridge and roadway electrical construction jobs.
- Service: CAW’s service department is uniquely diversified and has three fully functional units.
- Machine Shop:
Some of the capabilities of our machine shop include: dynamic balancing up to 20,000 lbs., lathes to 62” swing, metalizing, pump repairs, gear box, air handler, shaft, and machine component repair. Our team consists of highly skilled union machinists and is among the best in the DC metro area.
- Electrical Apparatus Repair:
Having one of the area’s best electrical apparatus repair shops, we handle motor rewinding up to 7000 HP, armature rewinding, motor and generator rebuilding, switchgear and control panel repairs.
- Industrial Trouble Shooting:
With a staff of highly skilled union electricians with well equipped service vehicles, we provide cost effective trouble shooting on control and power circuits, as well as preventative maintenance services for both electrical and mechanical needs.
Over the years CAW has provided goods and services to a variety of business from property management companies, government buildings, military services and many others. The owners and employees of Central Armature Works are dedicated to providing our customers with quality and professional service and we guarantee your satisfaction!